Job Title: Cover Supervisor
Location: Shaftesbury School
Start Date: 1 September 2020
Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 21st June
Interviews: Interviews to be conducted as soon as possible after shortlisting.
Salary: Grade 6 (Scale point 6 – 9) £9.94 – £10.54 per hour
Contract Type: Full-time
Contact Details: School Office on 01747 854498, HR 01747 857694, website on
https://shaftesburyschool.co.uk/ or e-mail HR@southernacademytrust.co.uk
We are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to join our hardworking team for a September 2020 start. The primary purpose of the Cover Supervisor is to supervise and support pupils who are engaged in learning activities during the short-term or unforeseen absence of their usual class or subject teacher.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion for all aspects of education.
• Be able to deliver dynamic lessons that engage and inspire achievement at all levels.
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning.
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision of the School.
• Be able to build relationships quickly.
• Have a positive approach.
• Have a real interest in educational issues, approaches and alternatives from around the world.
• Be proactive and confident.
• Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful.
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning.
• Have the ability to be a team player who will go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the opportunities of this role.
Please apply for this position on Dorset for You website. Please see the application pack for further details.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an enhanced DBS check in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@southernacademytrust.co.uk