Teacher of PE (maternity cover)
Job Title: Teacher of PE
Location: Shaftesbury School
Start Date: 1 September 2020
Closing Date: Midnight on Wednesday 17th June
Interviews: Interviews to be conducted as soon as possible after shortlisting.
Contract: Maternity cover
Contract Type: Full-time
Contact Details: School Office on 01747 854498, HR 01747 857694, website on
https://shaftesburyschool.co.uk/ or e-mail HR@southernacademytrust.co.uk
We are seeking to appoint a PE Teacher to join our dynamic team for a September 2020 start to cover a period of maternity leave. The successful applicant will be lead inspiration lessons to all pupils in PE.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion for all aspects of PE.
• Be able to deliver dynamic lessons that that stretch their classes and encourage participation and achievement at all levels.
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning.
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision of the Department and school.
• Be able to build relationships quickly.
• Have a positive approach.
• Have a real interest in educational issues, approaches and alternatives from around the world.
• Be proactive and confident.
• Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful.
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning.
• Have the ability to be a team player who will go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the opportunities of this role.
Please see the application pack for further details. Please apply for this position on Dorset for You website.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an enhanced DBS check in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@southernacademytrust.co.uk